- We envision a Teton County where residents work together across cultural and political divides for the well-being of the community.
- We envision a community of civically engaged individuals who rally around shared goals of human health and safety, economic security, vibrant natural ecosystems, and access to public lands.
- We envision a predominantly rural Teton Valley where development is focused around existing towns, and where agricultural lands and wildlife habitats are sustained as open space.
- We envision a Teton County governed by effective, efficient leaders and policies that balance individual gain with the common good.
- We envision local representation in a state government that serves its constituents with integrity.
- We believe in protecting what makes Teton Valley special for future generations through stewardship of our agricultural, environmental and cultural heritage.
- We believe that we must balance individual freedoms with the common good of our community.
- We work to provide opportunities for all our residents to find good paying jobs, affordable housing, and a high quality of life.
- We value leadership that is visionary, equitable in its treatment of all people and reliably honest in all its actions.
- We work to solve county problems through innovation coupled with respect for what is tried and true.
- We work toward governance that is efficient, effective, reliable and consistent with our values.
We employ outreach, activism and elections to ensure the well-being of the people and environment of Teton County Idaho.
We support protecting our public lands and waters from private interests, corporations, real estate, and the state government. We also support expanding access to public lands so that Teton Valley residents can enjoy them. We want to preserve the rights of fishermen to fish, hunters to hunt, hikers to hike, skiers to ski.
We are advocates for Teton Valley’s students and teachers, supporting school levies and bonds to sustain and improve the quality of the Teton School District. The Republican state government has slashed budgets and crippled schools throughout the state, but we refuse to let them do it to our valley. All our candidates support giving our students opportunities outside the classroom to continue education and prepare them for success.
The Teton County Democratic Party wants to make sure that our valley grows responsibly by defending land owners, holding developers accountable, enforcing land use law, and ensuring that people who work here can afford to live here.
2nd Thursday of each month 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Due to social distancing needs we have been meeting online via Zoom. Join our email list below and newsletter to receive updated information on meetings.
CONTACT US to learn more!
Subscribe to email list
Receive our 2022 newsletters and updates